<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I am getting PAID to do this job. Some days I remember to think about how incredibly lucky I am.

Like when we played "Heads Up Seven Up" today. I got my thumb pressed a lot and only guessed right once. I haven't honed those skills since 6th grade!

Like when we had a kid upset today and she couldn't calm down until I was there talking to her.

Like when the classroom dog started barking during a game and the kids laughingly said that he must be afraid of the teacher because he listens so well. He replied, "He damned...I mean he better be!" to a chorus of delighted squeals and yells from the kids about the teacher using a "bad word."

When you talk to people about their school memories, it seems that often it's the one mean thing someone said to you in third grade that sticks most, while the happy memories blur and dull into a vague contentment. I wish I could remember some details of my 4th grade experience better, and I hope for most of my kids this year will stand out as a happy one.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com