<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We're buddies with a kindergarten class, and one of my sweet boys is paired with a small girl. To keep her amused, while the rest played checkers or built cities with blocks, he allowed himself to be part of dressup. A sweeping hat, a pink jeweled tiara to match the pink feathered boa, strips of silky material would about him--the little girls couldn't stop laughing and batting their eyes, and even after the rest of the outfit was off he kept the tiara on for a while. What a cutie!

And today at recess, one of my little girls come running up. "I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW," she says in the loudest surreptitious whisper you've ever heard. Turned out that she'd split the seam of her crotch right in two during an energetic turn on the tire swing, and we went off on a search for safety pins and a jacket long enough to cover her. I tried not to laugh, but really...

And I'm having either a battle with a cold or allergies or something, because I've been sneezing all day. After the first few shocked silences after my sneezes, now the kids smirk and say, "That is a LOUD sneeze." I was talking to one of the other teachers about it, and he was like, "THAT WAS YOU??? That echoed in OUR room!" Some things never change.

As much as I love it here, I'm lonely missing my Thetas and Dartmouth and family and CSH friends...I miss you guys!!!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com