<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 18, 2005

So with a combination of going to bed insanely early and early bird roommates, I have woken up early two days in a row. (If this feels like Mich's posts of last spring, you're right.) At 9:30 on Saturday morning, I woke up. Refreshed, and ready to get out of bed. After partying on Friday night. And drinking. Without an alarm. Granted, I had been tipsy by 10 and came home at 11:30, but still---I don't think that's EVER happened before. And again on Saturday, awake and aware by 10. Amaaazing.

Friday night was fun, with beirut and meeting new people (mostly the boys' girlfriends) and hanging out with other teachers. I was teased into playing beirut a few too many times, and my wine glass kept getting refilled, and I turned into my boob-grabbing-ass-slapping-sexful-dancing self a whoooole lot sooner than I'd planned. Generally I allow people to get to know me a little first! On Sat. morning the roommates bounded in, jumped on the bed, and were like--"Whoa! What happened to YOU with a little wine in you??"

We've decided that we've sped up our knowing each other scale and are somewhere between 6 months and 2 years now of friendship. Not to jinx anything, but they're great and we get along well and they're super fun, outgoing, and will likely make me outgoing a little more often. :-) They also drink like champs, so I'm waaay behind there.

Saturday we watched a movie. (Read: I was a blubbering fool in front of a heavily edited TV version of Armageddon, which we watched on TV even though I had the DVD a house away.) And yes, Vac, had pizza and the pizza was passable. Not New York, but thin crust and decent cheese.

Sunday I've been doing laundry and going to the library and laying out on the postage stamp lawn sunning myself. I'll talk about the library part on WRWF! If I ever get my act together. Hope your weekends are lovely!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com