<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Big Bad Blizzard!

I'm home for the weekend, and it looks like maybe longer, as the snow is piling up and may hit two feet. I wish Care was home so we could build forts or something, it's not even that cold (compared to school, that is).

Tonight Mom made chicken cutlets and I made pasta. It was similar to the pasta I'd made the last time I was home, with cremini mushrooms, white wine, and cream. This time I used regular mushrooms pre-sliced, which weren't as flavorful but were nice, and added in sun-dried tomatoes and scallions, topped with parmesan cheese. It was yummy! We sliced up the chicken and tossed for a flavorful meal. Mom cracked open the Rosemount Shiraz we like and we had a pleasant dinner by candle and electric light with the snow falling thickly outside. (Aside to those who've read Atlas: we were warm and cosy and it made me think of the party at Rearden's house.) And I have enough food to eat more tomorrow.

Yum!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com