<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Dear Mom, Thanks for letting me know about the lawn guys before I got out of the shower. I wish, however, that you’d also told me about the guys working on the roof…since the bathroom has a skylight!!

Went out hunting for Christmas presents today in the mall. Anyone who reads this knows that I HATE shopping. Hate it. I slipped into Bloomy’s and started to slalom around the perfume fiends. You know the ones, they jump out from behind pillars and counters and try to spray you with their noxious fumes so you’ll buy their icky products. Gross.

I bought a salt and pepper shaker that are impossible to knock over. You push them down and they bounce back up, so they don’t spill. (No spilling the salt, Harry.) They’re going to drive my dad nuts; I’m very pleased. But that’s the only present I have for him so far, any ideas anyone? I spent a lot of time looking for Mark and Carolyn today. I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted for either of them, which is always frustrating. I walked the whole mall, and for me there’s nothing as bad as knowing that you’ll have to come back.

I say nothing as bad in very relative terms of course. Given how often I get “sick” (in nice euphemistic quotation marks), the docs have finally decided to make sure there’s nothing really wrong with me. Which means a very bad day for me on Thursday, but far worse, I don’t get to eat anything tomorrow. What’s that, you say? I don’t go more than three hours without eating or I become terrifyingly cranky and practically hysterical? I know. No food for me. Not a happy camper.

We’ve stocked up on chicken broth, grape juice, ginger ale, and green jello, all of which are allowed. So I think I’ll survive, at least. I figured, “Screw it, I’ll just sleep the whole day and I’ll be fine.” No no. The medicine they give me to clear me out will effectively prevent that. I will likely be mooning around on the computer all day; feel free to send me blitz love to keep me company!!! And update your damn blogs, people. ;-)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com