<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Went for a walk in the graveyard with Bright yesterday, as the sun was setting and sending pretty light through the trees. The oldest grave I remember seeing was from 1779 (and it was the college's founder's), and the coolest few had been placed too close to a tree, which in the hundreds of years since the burials had expanded its own size and partly grown over the gravestones. One is entirely swallowed, with only a small bit of the writing viewable, while the other, though firmly ensconsed, looks precariously about to topple.

Bright and I stood there taking pictures that are not likely to come out, and she said, "I'm sure whatever's left of them has been sucked into the tree by now." An interesting thought.

So I'm considering taking tae kwon do and pilates this term to force me to stay in shape. I'll be discussing other unrealistic goals soon, once i've decided what they are. Like I told Mich, I left all my non-cute-ish clothes at home, so I'd be forced to not look like a slob. Which means the three non-cute shirts I did slip in will be reworn into oblivion, as the likelihood of me dressing up almost every day, with all 10am classes, is just NOT GOOD.

Classes start tomorrow! Here we go...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com