<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

So Mich and I celebrated restaurant week by getting reservations at Remi. I had:
Mixed Green and Red Cherry Tomatoes with Shallot Red Wine Vinaigrette and Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil as my salad. That was YUMMY. Then I moved on to the main course, which I wish I could remember the name of perfectly. It was striped bass, baked til the skin was crispy and flaky and the inside was tender and fell apart when cut with a fork. It lay on a bed of braised onions and saffron baked potato. (For the record, I put this potato in my mouth and it half melted, it was AMAZING. I said, "THAT is a potato" and Mich laughed at me because I looked so excited. Then she had a bite and laughed at herself for not believing me!) There were also fresh tomato slices. It was scrumtious. For dessert, we both had the Chocolote Raspberry Mousse Cake. There really are no words.

Then I was miserably sick for a whole day after that. Apparently I still wasn't well and stayed out playing too long!

So tonight, for my actual reentry into the world, Vac made me take all these random personality test thingies. I don't know how much I learned about myself, but some of the questions were pretty funny. And some inspired decent conversation. And then Dan and Vac and I went out on the boat with daddy and watched the fireworks. (Melissa-I miss you!) Poor Care couldn't come, as the logistics of getting down a ramp and onto a boat with her poor leg wouldn't work. Now they're all watching Mona Lisa Smile, which I've seen once and can pass on seeing again. So I think I'll go to bed soon!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com