<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Just darkroomed with Bright for some time. Up there on the list of most frustrating activities I've done in a while. Luckily, the end results look like they may be worth something, so I'll have to go back and print and play with them soon. Esp since my last class is Tuesday...

Today she and I went for a drive. Our mission was to stay next to the river, which was a more difficult mission than you'd guess! But it was an hour and a half of almost being frantic with how beautiful the world looked. It was so bright and sunny, the river was sparkling, everything is so GREEN. We decided that we're buying a house on the river with a wrap-around porch, a cow, a donkey, cat and dog, and living here in the spring. Fall in Italy, Winter in California/Islands somewhere, Summer at home...that would be pretty nice. So we got all these great pics of each other, of daffodils, cows, calves, barns, yards, mountains, river, trees, and bridges. I can't wait to print them and see how they come out. This is an expensive hobby! But driving around with the mindset that you're *only* looking for beauty, singing some country tunes, talking aimlessly about life, was so wonderful I may make it a biweekly habit.

Looks like Jags is winning the I suck at life contest this week. Damn. I thought I had it wrapped up by sucking and making someone I really like and have started to care about a lot sad, but our judges decided (and I reluctantly agree) that she wins.

For a self esteem boost, at any time, go play with little kids. I was wearing a skirt today, so all I heard was, "Christine you look beautiful" and "I think she looks beautiful AND pretty" and "you only said you liked her skirt but I like her skirt AND her shirt AND her necklace," etc. I think I know about 75% of their names now. I'm in love. It almost makes me want to be an elementary school teacher. I thought I knew that it wouldn't be intellectually stimulating enough. But the teacher is facing a new curveball they're throwing at her every second, and she deals with it so well, and the kids adore her so much, that I'm really thinking about it again. Those few great teachers are so important. So impossibly important, almost. Think about the GREAT teachers you had. I think I had two really great teachers, and lots of good ones. But the great ones shaped my personality so much, that it seems like nothing (other than parenting) could really be nearly as important.

Uncle Bill flew into town today and can only see me at 7:15 in the morning. This is serious familial love going on here...so I'm going to go to bed.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com