<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004

"I wanna push you around, well I will, well I will, I wanna push you down...I wanna take you for granted, yeah yeah yeah, I wanna take you, take you, yeah well I will..."
272. Derek Jeter + Andre Agassi
273. Sonnets
274. Lightning storms
275. Letters
276. Licking stamps
277. Piano players
278. Whiskers
279. Secret notes
280. Overhearing something nice
281. When someone does something wonderful and unexpected (coloring books)
282. Jay Leno
283. Whose Line Is It Anyway
284. Goldfish
285. Hokey Pokey
286. 6-pack stomachs
287. having flowers sent to you
Went out to work on the Green today. As it so often does, resolve disintegrated and I ended up playing with Annie and these two little girls and their pet bunny. Cutest bunny ever--nicest too (Hi, Murphy.). Bunny hopped around with no restraints on it, jumped in and out of our laps, ate a carrot, and generally looked cute. (Its name was Rolly.) And Tori and Minovie (6 and 4) and I played a little soccer, running around all over the place, and now my feet feel properly abused again. Ah, barefoot! Sweeping past them to turn the ball before they hit anyone or it rolled into the street, the grass still dry and rough and the gravel rougher, the softness of Rolly and the sharp gash of his claws...

Capitol Steps was soooo funny!!! It was really quite excellent, and so up to date. I think it was aimed at the Democratic crowd...of course, if there was a Democrat in the White House I'm sure that would be different. One of the guys did a great Bush impression though.

Fondue and AGORA were fun as well. Fondue for the food and company, Agora for the discussion material is provided afterwards. We (Bri, Chris, Missa, myself) solved the country's problems. Not bad.

Yesterday I went on a terrific walk with a new friend of mine. There's a tiny park near here, a memorial garden, that is one of the neatest places to just stumble across. Arranged like a Japanese garden, it had ponds and stones, birdhouses and a swing, a gazebo and some of the most interesting wooden furniture.
"Say the word 'wood' and love the 'd' in it, love the way it sounds like an axe thunking into a log." Daniel Villasenor, The Lake
Then we got onto the trail and wandered along by the river, stopping to sit and talk and look. It was lovely. Here's to the spring and meeting people through Rand! ;-)

And now a thunderstorm, echoing around campus. If I didn't have work to do I'd turn the lights off and watch it, although it's not dark enough...no, it'd have to be a drive down to the river, and we'd see if it's anything like watching lightning around you on the Sound with the rain smashing the windows and a good conversation or no conversation at all.

Hmm. I like thunder. Off to finish an essay and plan some stuff for the new members this week...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com